– Quick Thoughts by Daryll Benjamin –
Time for yet another Media Round Up, folks.
– We Blerds joke about who gets invites to “the cookout” all the time and we have folks like Lewis Tan and Lexi Alexander who don’t need their credentials ever checked. We can add Ed Skrein to the list:
On leaving “Hellboy,” Ed Skrein wrote that, “I must do what I feel is right.” — from Washington Post
*Claps* Bravo Sir! Now it incumbent on the Hellboy creatives to not only get an Asian American actor in that slot BUT also give Ed Skrein another role within the movie. Imagine the good public relations for doing the right thing? This should be simple right? Now watch them NOT do this…
– I was late to the game on Wynonna Earp and for that, I’m not sorry. Binging on this show fills the Angel hole in my heart. Speaking of which…
– Hey Joss Wheldon? Congrats on the Justice League writing credit. *gets handed note* Oh there was something else involving him? *reads* Yeah…you a sucker man. And then there’s that Batgirl movie…o-oh….and speaking of the DC Film Universe…
– Nah. You know what? This target is waaaaaaaay too easy. Once again for my longtime followers, ACTIONS speak louder than WORDS! I know you want names in headlines and attention but Warner Bros has been The Boy Who Cried Wolf more often than not when it comes to movies. So go on and keep giving us timetables you don’t follow up on and prove me right. Put in the work and effort WB. Your fans want a full universe here.
– Also. If what I hear/saw on Twitter is true about Koy SJ Harris’ death on set…and The Hollywood Reporter is pretty reliable, that Deadpool 2 production is screwed! For those that don’t know.
Producers are said to have ignored stunt coordinators’ concerns about the motorcyclist amid a desire for a race and gender match. — from Hollywood Reporter
– Back to SYFY TV, Yo SYFY! You just need to unilaterally RENEW Dark Matter, Killjoys & Wynonna Earp now! Ratings up! Strong acting! Nothing but positives ESPECIALLY with all three shows utilizing the hell out of social media. The other shows across TV could learn a lesson or 2 here…Pressure from higher ups overriding the stunt coordinator on set? Wow. I have no words….
– Kudos to all the talent doing their thing at WWE’s Mae Young Classic! Anyone who knows me knows how much I love wrestling and to see some of the gals that I watched at Indie shows all over NYC now on the big WWE stage? Wow I’m star struck. Good Luck to you Ladies!
– In case you haven’t seen it, pictures of Misty Knight on the set of Luke Cage Season 2 has been leaked out. This has been your public service announcement.
– I said it before. I’m going to say it again. Why did Marvel drop the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon for “its look” only to go RIGHT BACK TO IT in this upcoming series? Wow…
– Speaking of animation… Way to go CW. Nice way to advertise the TV debut of the Vixen “movie”. *Slow Clap* And on cue, entertainment sites are running with the low numbers. Meanwhile, I watched both Mets games on CW11 here in NYC (Friday & Saturday), one of their biggest markets, and saw NO advertising. Great Job! *groan* GL Ray & The Freedom Fighters because you going to need it!
There you go. Some quick random multimedia thoughts. Thx For Reading! Until Net Time, Keep Fantasizing!